Thursday, February 10, 2011

Final Post...

"Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:6-9

I have often wondered what it was like for Joshua to stand on the bank of the Jordan river, looking at the Promise Land and preparing to be the new leader of the children of Israel. No doubt, as Moses passed away, I imagine a flood of emotions came upon Joshua, as it was his time to rise up and lead. Was he scared, nervous, worried, fearful, discouraged? Yes...and that's what makes Joshua chapter 1 so powerful, as the Lord is giving Joshua final instructions before making the journey. How wonderful it is of the Lord, knowing the condition of Joshua's heart and emotions, to spend the bulk of the chapter just encouraging him and PROMISING him that He will be with Him wherever he goes.

So here I am, standing on the bank of my "Jordan" river...waiting to cross over and be with our precious Ayantu. I to am nervous, afraid, wondering about the "unknown" of becoming parents. However, those thoughts are but for a moment, as I have the Lord standing with me now, just as He was with Joshua that day, speaking the very same words to me....Jason, "be strong and of good courage; do not e afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you WHEREVER you go."

How wonderful it is to know that the Lord is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY and FOREVER...and that His promises are still there for us today. Thank you for being with me Lord and loving on this child of Yours!

1 comment:

  1. What a God-driven saga! What a final result. I don't think we will see the final result of this inspired transaction until He reveals it all in Heaven!

    You guys should write a book about your adventures!!

    Many blessings to your family

    Rick McKenzie

    ReplyDelete