Monday, February 7, 2011

"This is my Jam..."

"I have decided, I have resolved to wait upon you Lord. My Rock and Redeemer, Shield and Reward, I'll wait upon You Lord. As surely as the sun will rise You'll come to us. As certain as the dawn appears. You'll come, let Your glory fall as You respond to us. Spirit rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again, You'll come, You'll come. We are not shaken, we are not moved, we wait upon You Lord. our Mighty deliverer my triumph and truth, I'll wait upon You Lord. Chains be broken, lives be healed, eyes be opened, Christ is revealed"

I have been loving the song, "You'll Come" by Hillsong. As Jason and I say, "this is my jam". I have been playing this song over and over again. Every time I get into my car this is the first song that I listen to. I love how the first verse describes a strong resolve to wait upon the Lord. I want that as I wait for this adoption to become final. I need to decide to wait on the Lord in this. I need to set my mind to trusting in Him to take care of all the technical difficulties we have come across.
As suresly as the sun will rise... is an amazing picture of how faithful my God is to come and meet me every day. He is faithful to finish the good work He has begun, through adopting Ayantu and bringing her into our family. He will not leave us hanging in this. He will provide all that is needed to get her home. As we are waiting for all this to come to a close, He meets us and fills us with His glorious Spirit that gives us the strength we need to press on as we wait. Only God can do that. I have no idea how people who do not know the Lord, get through adoptions, marriage, challenges that life brings. He is in control of all and I am not...that is a good thing. As I continue to wait, I do not want to waiver in my faith, just because things are not going the way I want them. I want to be like Abraham. Paul tells us in Romans 4:20-21, "He did not waiver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith giving glory to God and being fully convinced that what He had promised He (God) was able to perform." I want to have a strong faith in my BIG God.
As I wait each day for news, I don't want to listen to the lies of Satan and how he tries to convince me this will never happen. I want to hear only the words of the Lord. God is Mighty and He will be triumphant in this adoption. Adopting Ayantu has been so much more than just gaining a daughter. The Lord has broken chains of fear of not being in control. He has healed my heart of being afraid that we will never have a family. He has revealed Himself to Jason and I, how mighty He is and how much He loves ALL His children. He has opened my eyes to see that there is so much more to life than just the normal American comforts. There is a whole world out there that He wants to uses to reveal to me His majest and awesomeness. He is revealing Himself to me daily through this adoption and I praythat He won't ever stop once we get our little precious girl home. I want Him more than ever before and I don't want it to stop!

1 comment:

  1. very well written... thanks for sharing your heart. we love you guys a ton!

    ReplyDelete